Fallopian Tube & Infertility
How Fallopian Tube Factors Affect Fertility?
- Background: Infertility due to fallopian tube factors accounts for about 32% of all cases. The fallopian tubes, approximately 7 to 14 centimeters long, are a pair of small tubes that are comprised of smooth muscle tissue that link the ovaries to the uterus. Women with fallopian tube factors are classified by either structural or functional blockages. The structural blockages involve damage to the tube from infections, pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), Salpingitis, Hydrosalpinx, Hematosalpinx, Pyosalpinx, fibroids, pelvic endometriosis or pelvic surgery. The functional blockages can be from either spasms or stiffness of the muscles of the fallopian tube walls or from excess or reduced secretions within the tubes themselves.
How Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture Treat Fallopian Tube Factors?
- Research in China has shown encouraging results using a combined methods of Acupuncture, Chinese herbs and Cupping Therapy to treat blocked fallopian tubes and restore fertility.
- Acupuncture points will focus on breaking down the scar tissue and adhesions near and around the fallopian tubes, increasing blood circulation, relaxing muscle tension and spasm of the fallopian tubes, and either increasing or decreasing the amount of mucus within the fallopian tubes. Acupuncture will also reduce stress and regulate the function of the fallopian tubes as a whole.
- Chinese herbs will be targeted to the area of the tube that is blocked, reduce adhesions and scar tissue, relax spasms of the tubes, and either increase or decrease the mucus secretions within the tubes. Your particular formula will be individualized and tailored to your exact condition.
- Reproductive organ massage is a highly specialized form of therapeutic massage that manipulates the fascia of the pelvic cavity to unblock any obstructions or reduce any adhesions in the reproductive organs and improve the blood flow to these organs.
- Nutritional guidance will be given and certain foods will be restricted to either reduce or increase mucus secretions within the tubes or to help breakdown the adhesions and scar tissue. Smoking cigarettes will be discouraged.
How Western Medicine Treats Blocked Fallopian Tubes?
Western medicine treats blockages in all areas of the tubes by either doing surgery to remove the tubes or to reduce the blockages inside the tubes. If a woman wishes to conceive, Western medicine will refer her to an infertility clinic for IVF (in vitro fertilization).