Fertility & Women’s Health
How Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and Acupuncture can help with Fertility and reduce infertility?
Demonstrated Successful Result:
- Due to many modern stresses of today’s lifestyles, women are afflicted with conditions that can affect their fragile reproductive system, and ultimately impact their level of fertility. Traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) aims to rebalance the reproductive system in a more natural way.
- Research has shown that acupuncture, combined with Chinese Herbs, and Cupping Therapy, can greatly increase fertility whether through natural conception or assisted reproduction, and can improve the success rate of IVF and IUI by two folds.
- TCM can be used as a stand-alone, natural, drug-free treatment option to enhance fertility and treat both medically explained and unexplained infertility. It can also be safely used in conjunction with conventional Western Medical fertility treatment (IUI, IVF) before and during pregnancy.
Why choose Elim-Harmonies Medical for IUI / IVF?
- Personalized treatment – At our clinic, we take a holistic natural approach by utilizing various methods such as Chinese Herbs, acupuncture, and Cupping Therapy (all inclusive called “TCM”). We will assess your individual condition based on your own circumstances and personalise a treatment especially for you.
- Our Experience – we are one of the leading Acupuncturist clinics in downtown Lausanne with over 30 years of experience in using Acupuncture and Acupuncture for infertility along with other natural treatments for fertility. We evaluate and look at all factors including lifestyle and emotional balance to develop a personalized acupuncture plan to suit your needs.
- We Listen – We take time to discuss your needs, conditions and understand the issues that are affecting you. We offer support throughout all stages of your treatment plan from initial consultation until the end of all treatments.
- We Evaluate all aspects of your health during your consultation. Our experienced acupuncturist will look into your history, lifestyle to identify the root cause of the issues and pinpoint any imbalances that may exist.
How Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture Treat Infertility?
- Acupuncture and Chinese medicine work to enhance both men and women’s fertility by restoring health and balance to the body, mind and spirit. There have been a multitude of research studies in the past decade showing how acupuncture and Chinese medicine increase the success rate of conventional infertility treatments.
- In fact, in the April 2002 issue of Fertility and Sterility, a German study showed that using acupuncture before and after IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) increased the success rate to 42.5% as opposed to a success rate of only 26.3% by those not using acupuncture. Acupuncture is very effective when combined with assisted reproductive technologies (ART) and can also assist in achieving natural pregnancy.
- Western medicine concentrates solely on the health of the reproductive organs whereas Chinese medicine works to strengthen and balance all systems of the body. To achieve this balance we use acupuncture, Chinese herbs, Cupping Therapy, Reproductive Organ Massage, Nutritional guidelines, and nutritional supplements.
- Acupuncture – The application of acupuncture for the treatment of gynecologic and reproductive disorders has quite a long history in China. Numerous studies have reported the positive effects of acupuncture as an adjunct to infertility treatment, especially in the field of IVF. In general, a holistic, integrated, and individualized approach often acts as a prerequisite to produce good effects. Acupuncture reduces stress levels. Elevated stress can prohibit conception by blocking blood flow to the reproductive organs and causing an imbalance in hormonal production, thus resulting in irregular menstrual cycles, lack of ovulation, high FSH levels, poor ovarian production, diminished egg quality, and poor sperm production and quality). Acupuncture can also regulate the stimulating hormones to produce an increased quantity of follicles; increase the blood flow to the uterus and increase the thickness of the uterine lining to improve implantation rates; and diminish the side effects of Clomid, Gonal-F and other ovulation and hormonal support drugs
- Chinese herbs build strong, nutrient-rich blood for the ovaries which will better nourish the developing follicles and create stronger egg quality and ultimately stronger embryos. Chinese herbs also normalize the function of the Hypothalamus-Pituitary-Ovarian axis to regulate and improve the body’s natural hormonal production which in turn improves ovarian function and egg quality. The herbs also nourish the spleen and kidney system which are responsible for our reproductive health.
- Cupping therapy has been in practice for more than 2500 years, it works to eliminate the dead cells, toxins, lymph, impurities, disease-causing pathogens, and other debris from the body. It unblocks energy channels, removes accumulated toxins through skin, releasing toxic heat and reducing internal inflammation. It helps in increasing blood circulation to all parts of the body. As a result, the body cells receive a fresh infusion of blood that is highly rich in nutrients and oxygen.
- Reproductive organ massage is a highly specialized form of therapeutic massage that manipulates the fascia of the pelvic cavity to unblock any obstruction in the reproductive organs and improve the blood flow to these organs. The result is a balance of hormonal production, improved ovarian production and ovulation, regular menstrual cycles.
- Nutritional guidance is customized for each patient based on the health of her or his kidney, liver, and spleen functions, which control our reproductive health and underlie our metabolic processes.
Major Benefits of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine
- Preconception Care： overcomes common fertility challenges; increases chance of conceiving naturally; improves reproductive health and strengthens immune system; increases effectiveness of Western procedures; reduces side effects of drugs prescribed during IVF, IUI.
- Post Partum Care: improves long-term reproductive health; decreases post-partum depression; improves breast milk quality.
How Western Medicine Treats Infertility?
Western medicine practitioners tend to treat according to their diagnosis and can offer assisted reproductive technology as a solution (i.e., IVF and IUI). About 90% of infertility cases are treatable with medical and alternative therapies like acupuncture and Chinese medicine.